Itís Time for a Change!
This editorial was posted on Dave Nationís World in June 2006 but most of the issues are still valid today.
People have been wondering how to frame the position of the Democratic party for the upcoming 2006 elections. It seems clear to me: Itís Time for a Change!
Itís clear that most people donít agree with the direction in which the country is headed.
The issues are numerous:
- Universal Health Care
- A Balanced Budget
- Conservation of the Environment
- Tolerance of othersí Rights and Beliefs
- Paper Trail to ensure Fair Elections
- Public Finance of Political Campaigns to Combat Rampant Corruption
- Maintaining the Integrity of Scientific Research Findings
- Funding Stem Cell Research
- Freedom of Personal Thought and Actions following the Golden Rule
- Real No-Torture Policy
- No Government Kidnapping of Individuals and holding them without Legal Representation
- Tax Policy that strives for the Common Good
- Tax Incentives to do the Right Thing
- Treating Drug addiction as a Medical Condition and not a Crime
You may not agree with all of my positions on these issues but donít you agree with me that ďItís Time for a Change!ď?
©2006 David Nation
Dave Nation's World